“Publish or perish” remains the ‘mantra’ by which academics and tertiary institutions are evaluated. Publishing is indeed a vital indicator of research performance. This retreat is facilitated by academic experts from different disciplines and spanned three to six days. The purpose of the retreat is to:
- Provide the best conditions for productive and constructive writing away from the pressures and demands of everyday academic life
- Increase peer support through the experience of community
- Develop academic writing skills
- Boost publication output of institutions
- Learn best research practices from our subject-matter experts with diverse research expertise, such as academic writing, data analysis, and research methods.
- Rejuvenate researchers through engaging in collaborative discussions about their scholarly work.